Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Finding God Amidst the Earthquake Rubble

Yesterday morning, parts of Visayas and Mindanao have been hit by a 7.2 magnitude earthquake. Photos have been flying around Facebook and Twitter about how the old and historic churches have collapsed and the impact of the damage on homes and properties






We've been seeing a lot of #prayForBohol, #prayForCebu and #prayForVisayas hashtags which in a way is okay, I guess. As a predominantly Catholic/Christian country, it really warms my heart to find that at least people still believe in God, and that they know that God can do anything (though only remembering God when you need something is not really okay and is not the subject of this post). And at least we still not have lost our bayanihan trait and our sense of humanity to be worried for the people who are affected of such a devastating calamity



One post in Facebook really stood out, and I wish I could directly quote the person who said it, but when I saw it, my friend said it was just a repost. Anyway, I am amazed at the level of faith this person have.


"Churches were destroyed because God was so busy protecting our homes. He forgot to save His."
When I read this, I smiled and I literally wanted to shout out of joy. The post was very positive, so full of love and gratitude for God, so full of faith!

I wish all of us have this kind of relationship with God, this so much trust in Him. Not asking for what we need, but thanking and glorifying Him for what he's done for us.

Disclaimer: I do not own the photos in this post. I have grabbed them from various facebook posts and websites

No comments:

Post a Comment